On June 15, BASA Blazers began optional summer conditioning for all of its sports. Although it looks different than it would most years, so far the conditioning has gone quite well!
Here are some of the precautions we are taking:
- Our coaches have received additional training on safety and best practices regarding COVID-19.
- Athletes have received training on COVID-19 best practices.
- Coaches and athletes receive daily COVID-19 symptom screenings prior to participation.
- Physical distancing has been maintained, with no more than 20 individuals (coaches and athletes) on campus at any given time.
- Conditioning groups stay the same to low the risk of exposure.
- Rigorous cleaning practices have been employed before, during, and after workouts.
- Training focuses on individual strength and skill improvement, with no contact between athletes. The use of balls has been prohibited.
- Athletes have had access to frequent hand-washing and hand-sanitizer.
- Locker rooms and water fountains have been closed, with athletes coming prepared to each training session.
If your athlete is interested in joining this summer conditioning, they are still welcome to do so! Here is our conditioning schedule.
- Comp. Cheer – Mondays (9am-11am); Thursdays (5pm-7pm) CFIT
- Comp. Dance – Wednesdays (5pm-6pm) in June; Tues./Thurs. (10am-11:30am) in July CFIT
- Girls Soccer – Mondays ( 7pm-9pm ) CFIT
- Cross Country – Tuesdays/Thursdays (7:30am-10:00am) beginning July 7th @ BASA
- Volleyball – Monday-Friday @ BASA July 20-24 Time: TBD
- Softball – Beginning Aug. 1st @ Victor Lord Park, Time : 11:30am
Thank you for your cooperation during this unprecedented situation.